- Be honest with yourself. You don’t do yourself any favors if you aren’t 100% honest with yourself about how things are going and how you are behaving.
- Notice behavior patterns. We are all creatures of habit. Some of these habits are helpful and others are not.
- Be able to evaluate your personal core values. If you don’t know what’s important to you, how can you ever grow and represent your best self? Take time to consider what’s most important to you.
- Be forgiving to yourself. Change is hard and old habits are hard to break. It’s okay. We’re all human. We all make mistakes
- Keep track of your self-reflection. Start a journal. This will help you when looking back to remind yourself of where you’ve been and where you want to go.